A crow eats a fruit somewhere and expels the seed in our garden and the latter grows into a tree. The crow has done us a service. The dog guards our house. We ride in a horse drawn cart. And the Holy Mother, Cow – Gho Matha serves us materially and spiritually, in so many ways. If after receiving all these services from every being, we born as humans, if we do not give something in return, is it not a sin? – Jagadguru Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Swamigal
Background: Sri Periyava Kainkaryam group (meaning Periyava Seva) was started in 2016 with a mission to follow Pujyasri Kanchi Maha Periyava’s Key Upadesams. His teachings are very simple and directly from Veda Shastras for our Aathma and Lokha Kshemam. We want to expand his upadesams to a larger like minded devotees so more people participate in these important dharmic activities. We have named the larger group, ‘Bhagawan Seva’ group
Bhagawan Seva Telegram group link:https://t.me/joinchat/G82u4x7QN_OzOa-z
Following are the core focus areas of Bhagawan Seva Group
1. Veda Rakshanam – Help needy Veda Patasalaa and Veda Vidhyarthi’s (students) with basic necessities and also help buy them materials like Samith for their Nithya karma Anushtanams/homams.
2. Gho Matha Samrakshanam – VERY KEY INITIATIVE IN THE TIMES WE LIVE NOW. Rescue old/non-milking native breed cows/bulls directly from slaughter houses, brokers, and cattle market. So far, we have rescued more than 1000 cows and will continue to rescue them based on the support of the devotees.
3. Anatha Predha Samskaram/Anthima Samaskaram (Orphan bodies cremation) – This is a great kainkaryam equivalent to doing Aswamedha Yagam as described by our Shastras and mentioned by Pujya Sri Kanchi Maha Periyava. We have purchased a van and donated to a trust who are doing this Kainkaryam in Salem, Tamil Nadu. We can do the same in other needy places.
4. Ancient Dilapidated Temples Renovation – Contribute to renovation of dilapidated ancient temples. We have helped renovate around five old ancient temples so far.
5. Annadhanam – Provide food and grocery kits to poor and needy. We distributed around 1500 packs of grocery kits to slum people in Chennai area. Also, doing daily Annadhanam to special school, old age home/destitute shelter.
6. Vidhyadhanam – Help support poor and needy students’ education.
7. Kannikadhanam – Support poor and needy girl’s marriage.
8. Medical Support for Poor & Needy – Provide medicines, bear the cost of surgeries and ailments for the most deserving and needy.
9. Jeeva Karunya Kainkaryam – Any other Jeeva Karunya or needy sevas that we see fit at that point of time.
Apart from Cow rescues which is a key focus area and happens frequently, we will focus on one seva each month and move on to the next seva. Please note, our sevas are done after proper due diligence and thorough background check.
We will ensure maximum transparency is provided to the donors by posting the pictures, bills, receipts of the transaction in the telegram group established for this purpose.
Suggested Monthly Contribution Amount (in Rs.): Rs. 500, Rs, 1000, Rs. 10,000, Rs. 25,000, Rs. 50,000
Suggested Monthly Contribution Amount (in USD or other foreign currencies): $20, $50, $100, $150, $200, $500, $1000
Apart from monthly contributions you can consider donating during occasions like birthdays, wedding anniversaries, ancestors thithi, religious festivals like Deepavali, Makara Sankaranti, Navarathri, etc.
For donations in India, here are the details:
Name: Dharma Sanjeevinee Bhavanam
SBI Savings A/c. No. 32626335713 & IFSC Code – SBIN0002233, State Bank of India, CPCL Branch, Manali, Chennai-600 068. Donations are 80G exempt
For contribution in the US (Non-profit organization (Federal Tax id: 47-2746457) registered under section 501 (c) (3) of IRS)
Zelle/QuickPay – You can make electronic payment to firstname.lastname@example.org from your bank via Zelle or QuickPay, etc. This is the MOST convenient method for all. (Or)
PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/110230052184687338/charity/1854990
Note – Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with ‘Bhagawan Seva’ in the subject line and a brief note with your name, amount and the cause for what it is donated for. We need this information for accounting and tracking purposes.
All your e-mails will be responded, and contributions will be issued a receipt.
Bhagawan Seva Activities Update: Please join our Telegram group (link below) which will contain, description of our various Seva activities including bills & pictures for transparency and visibility.
Please see photos from various activities
Below is a summary of all the Bhagawan Seva activities from inception till date.
Sri Periyava Thiruvadhi Sharanam!
Only when a person realizes that Bhagawan is omnipresent and all living beings are equal, he is blessed by Bhagawan. In fact, he should not consider himself even equal to his fellow beings. He should consider himself lower in status to them and serve them, considering all the living creatures as embodiments of divinity. There should not be even an iota of ego or arrogance in his attitude; the service should be a form of worship. When he does so, his Love does not remain as a mere thought or word but acquires a power to attract the divine blessings of the Supreme Power, Eshwara. – Jagadguru Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Swamigal